Date: 1/7/18 3:14 pm
From: Barbara Carlson <barbarac2003...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Gray Flycatcher, the “other” Painted Redstart, and other sightings
The Gray Flycatcher continues as of today, 7 Jan 2018, in the same location as described by Jeremiah Stock.

I recently returned from birding various locations in AZ, searching for some of AZ’s continuing rarities. While eBird told me general locations for the birds, the listserve and friends helped me with the all-so-important specifics.

Thanks, Jeremiah, for your excellent directions! Your posts and other like them are really helpful. All, please don’t forget to give your information back to San Diego Region Birding.

Also today, the “other” Painted Redstart continues in West Shepherd Canyon in Tierrasanta. The Palm and the Black-and-white Warblers continue at the southeast corner of Balboa Park. Over the past few days Paul Lehman has seen a Bell’s Vireo along the San Diego River at Mission Center, a new adult male Baltimore Oriole at De Anza Cove, and the continuing Reddish Egret at the Tijuana River mouth.

Barbara Carlson
San Diego

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 4, 2018, at 12:49 PM, <jstock...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...> wrote:
>
> During my lunch break on Thursday January 4, 2018, I had a Gray Flycatcher in the northwest part of the Hickman Field sports complex. The bird was a small, olive-gray flycatcher with a fairly large and long bill, flat head, and distinctive downward tail-wagging motion.
>

> The ball field complex is in Kearny Mesa, west of REI. The specific location for the flycatcher was the fence on the southern end of the soccer field that is adjacent to the San Augustine Saints baseball field.
>

> Jeremiah Stock
>
> Santee, CA
>
> <jscls...>

Join us on Facebook!