Date: 1/7/18 2:15 pm
From: Larry McQueen <larmcqueen...>
Subject: [obol] Re: BEWARE ALTON BAKER PARK-EUGENE
WOW, Sally. Sorry this happened to you, but you did all the right things and the police were great.

Thanks for posting.

Larry

On Jan 7, 2018, at 12:20 PM, Sally Hill <1sallyhill.9...><mailto:<1sallyhill.9...>> wrote:

I was the victim of an attempted car jacking at knife point this morning at Alton Baker Park.

I am fine (physically).

As I was putting on my rain pants this young punk with a skateboard, sleeping bag and bags came around the back of my car and pulled a black switch blade on me and told me to give me the keys to my car,
to which I replied, "NO"!
I then ran around to the passenger side of the car and grabbed my pack with my cell phone, I was going to lock the car from that side but he got in the car with me from the drivers side, so I ran out the passenger side and called the police.

He continued to rifle through my car until the police arrived.

The police were great, about 8 cars responded within 3 minutes and had the guy in custody soon after.

This took place a the east end of Alton Baker Park in the gravel parking lot next to the canal.

I almost never bird Alton Baker Park . Be alert out there and take appropriate safety measures.

I wish I new karate. A way to ruin a perfectly good birding day!

Sally Hill
Eugene Oregon

Join us on Facebook!