Date: 1/7/18 2:13 pm
From: Jeff Gibson <gibsondesign...>
Subject: [Tweeters] An Australian For Christmas
I spent Christmas in the hospital here in Port Townsend due to overeating on the holiday . Not really, but sounds semi-plausible .
My room on the 3rd floor was all windows, with a great view east, and l had beautiful looks at a rare white Christmas as it happened, starting late Christmas Eve.
Christmas Day gulls , crows, and bald eagles were flying about-always fun to watch, along with all the hummingbirds. Hummingbirds on a white Christmas ? About 4 or 5 of them zooming around - they were celebrating Christmas with the local Australian .
The local Australian was not a person, but a shrub- Grevillia victoriae. I've passed by it many times walking to my parents house and it was blooming away as it often does in winter. It's grey-green leaves contrast nicely with its clusters of orange-red tubular flower. Hummers love it.

Jeff Gibson
Port Townsend

Tweeters mailing list
<Tweeters...>