Date: 1/7/18 12:21 pm
From: Sally Hill <1sallyhill.9...>
Subject: [obol] BEWARE ALTON BAKER PARK-EUGENE
I was the victim of an attempted car jacking at knife point this morning at
Alton Baker Park.

I am fine (physically).

As I was putting on my rain pants this young punk with a skateboard,
sleeping bag and bags came around the back of my car and pulled a black
switch blade on me and told me to give me the keys to my car,
to which I replied, "NO"!
I then ran around to the passenger side of the car and grabbed my pack with
my cell phone, I was going to lock the car from that side but he got in the
car with me from the drivers side, so I ran out the passenger side and
called the police.

He continued to rifle through my car until the police arrived.

The police were great, about 8 cars responded within 3 minutes and had the
guy in custody soon after.

This took place a the east end of Alton Baker Park in the gravel parking
lot next to the canal.

I almost never bird Alton Baker Park . Be alert out there and take
appropriate safety measures.

I wish I new karate. A way to ruin a perfectly good birding day!

Sally Hill
Eugene Oregon

Join us on Facebook!