Date: 1/7/18 11:34 am
From: <cwleib...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Red Crossbills, Western Meadowlark
Greetings,

I did some cold birding yesterday in Northern Henderson County including a portion of the Big River State Forest. I was pleased to find a small group of Red Crossbills at the Equestrian Campground area in addition to a lone Common Redpoll and large groups of Pine Siskins. Large groups of Cedar Waxwings and American Robins were also in the larger forest track further south (also Red-breasted Nuthatches). The Western Meadowlark was just south of the Equestrian Campground, giving it's diagnostic soft call as it searched for food in the short grass along the road.

Chuck Leib
Milan
Rock Island County

Join us on Facebook!