Date: 1/6/18 8:43 pm
From: Mike & MerryLynn <m.denny...>
Subject: [inland-NW-birders] Lesser Black-backed Gull WWCo.
Hello all,

We headed up to Lower Monumental Dam today where Mike chummed for gulls.
A LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL showed up with the more common gulls - nice
year bird for Walla Walla County.

On the way up we enjoyed nice views of 16 Rough-legged Hawks - windy day
so they were up hovering above the hills. A couple SAY'S PHOEBES
surprised us - don't know how they survived the week of bitter cold
here. A Rock Wren was above the dam near the cliffs. We also found the
reported AMERICAN TREE SPARROWS east of Scott Station Rd. Jim & Sue
found a COMMON REDPOLL on Donnelly Rd - in with over 300 American
Goldfinches.

Yesterday a couple GLAUCOUS GULLS showed up - one at 2Rivers and another
at Casey pond. Mike chummed at the WWRdelta and pulled in a Mew and
Thayer's Gull. A Red-breasted Merganser was at 2Rivers - another year bird.

Good birding, M&ML

--
Mike & MerryLynn Denny
Birding the Beautiful Walla Walla Valley