Date: 1/6/18 8:32 pm
From: Sonny Mencher <soccerquiz...> [peninsula-birding] <peninsula-birding-noreply...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Lark Sparrows in La Honda
This morning I walked the newly open La Honda Open Space Preserve.  Heading to coast on 84 from Skyline make right at Sears Ranch Road- across from Applejacks - about 1/2 mile to preserve. Was not especially birdy but did  have at least 5 Lark Sparrows, 2 Kestrels as well as Meadowlarks, Say's Phoebe and others - Did meet Garth Harwood near the start, he mentioned seeing a Dark Ferrruginous Hawk over the parking lot - I did not see it.I was there with a MeetUp hiking group so bird sightings were incidental. Overall area looked promising for birding. Worth checking out
Photos and Check list: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41682582
In the Reflecting Pond behind Applejacks were several Ring-necked Ducks, and Canvasbacks as well Mallards, Coots, Acorn Woodpeckers and Black Phoebe - No Hooded Mergansers nor Green Heron
Sonny Mencher

Join us on Facebook!