Date: 1/6/18 7:23 pm
From: <jeffharding...> <jeffharding...>
Subject: [obol] Linn County Notes
When I stepped out to sample the pre-dawn air this morning at 7, in addition to a pair of GREAT HORNED OWLS, two PYGMY-OWLS were calling.
At the intersection of Griggs and Brewster, where the old Griggs mill used to be, I stopped to look over a flock of ducks, mostly MALLARDS And NORTHERN PINTAIL. Before I could look them over carefull, a pair of passing BALD EAGLES put the all up. A WRENTIT started singing then, from the tangled blackberries and cottonwoods South of Griggs, well back from the road. There was one here a year ago, too.

At Foster Reservoir, there was a RED-NECKED GREBE, 2 HORNED GREBES, and a dozen WESTERN GREBES visible from the dam. BARROWS and COMMON GOLDENEYES were below the dam, as usual. At Shaw Viewpoint on highway 20 There was also a RED-NECKED GREBE, possibly the same one, it's hard to say.
Good birding,Jeff
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

Join us on Facebook!