Date: 1/6/18 6:55 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [COBOL] Culver Birding Today
Today, I went searching for sparrows in the agricultural areas around
Culver.  I saw only one White-crowned Sparrow in the first two hours.  I
eventually found one flock of 20 White-crowns out north of Culver,
nearly to Metolius.  No Golden-crowns, no White-throated, no Harris's,
no Condors....nothing.  I did happen to locate a Peregrine Falcon near
the SW flanks of Juniper Butte
(http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41681747). I found a Northern
Pygmy-owl just sitting on top of a tree next to the road on Round Butte
and had the joy of showing two civilians their first pygmy owl
(http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41685341). And I got a nice
kestrel picture just for fun
(http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41682159).   Nice day to be out
having fun.