Date: 1/6/18 5:47 pm
From: John Winebrenner <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Lagrange County - Harris's Sparrow
   Lisa and I birded Lagrange County this afternoon, mostly with the hopes of seeing the previously reported Harris's Sparrow. We got to the Yoder residence about 3:30, and saw many White-crowned Sparrows, and I got one short glimpse of the Harris's, but Lisa didn't see it. We decided to leave and warm up in our car for a while. We returned about 4:15 and staked out the feeders again. There was lots of activity, and lots of birds to weed through, but we finally picked out the Harris's Sparrow at 4:35. We got very good looks at the bird for a minute or so, until it got bumped off the feeder by some other birds. Also on the property was a Northern Mockingbird, which seemed to prefer to stay on the north side of the pond.
Our list:
22 species

Wild Turkey  8
Red-tailed Hawk  6
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  45
Mourning Dove  35
Red-bellied Woodpecker  1
Downy Woodpecker  1
Blue Jay  6
American Crow  15
Horned Lark  20
White-breasted Nuthatch  1
Eastern Bluebird  2
Northern Mockingbird  1
European Starling  5
Cedar Waxwing  12
American Tree Sparrow  12
Dark-eyed Junco  10
White-crowned Sparrow  35
Harris's Sparrow  1    Continuing bird, at private residence - White belly, pink beak, and black breast band. State bird for me, LIFER for Lisa!
Northern Cardinal  4
House Finch  5
American Goldfinch  2
House Sparrow  20