Date: 1/6/18 4:33 pm
From: 'Robert D. Hughes' <rhughes.enteract...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Steelworkers Park Snowy Owl, White-winged Scoter, and Canvasback, 1/6 p.m.
After dipping on the Lake Calumet Slaty-backed Gull I stopped by
Steelworkers Park on the south side of Chicago to get some redemption. I
didn't see anything that rare but I did have a few good birds that made
my visit worthwhile. My best birds include the continuing Snowy Owl
(sitting on top of the concrete wall at the mouth of the Calumet River)
and an adult male White-winged Scoter and female Canvasback mixed in
with the mergansers at the mouth of the North Slip. There wasn't much
open water at Steelworkers, which forced what few ducks there were into
a small area of unfrozen water near the base of the breakwater. I also
had a large flock of Snow Buntings (~50) flying around the impoundment
at the mouth of the Calumet River.

Robert D. Hughes
Chicago, Illinois

Posted by: "Robert D. Hughes" <rhughes.enteract...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)