Date: 1/6/18 4:20 pm
From: Dan Murphy <murphsf...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Western Tanager
Joan and I birded in Golden Gate Park for a while this morning.  The best bird was a Western Tanager that was calling at the south end of North Lake at about noon.  It gave it's distinctive call about 5 times before stopping.  Unfortunately we didn't see the bird, but the call was unmistakable.  The other birds we saw were ones we expected.  Pacific Wren, Golden-crowned Kinglet and Orange-crowned Warbler were at the Arboretum, and as Lee noted there were 7 Hooded Mergansers on Lloyd's Lake.  One thing of interest were the Red-tail Hawks that were vocalizing and doing courtships flights everywhere we stopped.

Good birding,Dan Murphy

Join us on Facebook!