Date: 1/6/18 4:14 pm
From: Karen Konarski-Hart <karen...>
Subject: Birds & their weird water ways
With the slight thaw today some water ran out of the frozen hose onto the grass near the bird bath forming a small puddle. We drove in to see house sparrows waiting in line for their Sat afternoon bath. One at a time each would hop in, flutter & roll around then hop out to let the next one bathe. Never mind the bird bath was also melted (although some berry eaters had soiled it ). It was that little mud puddle they wanted.
A chickadee also told me off through the window that his favorite watering site (the ant guard on the hummingbird feeder) had frozen & was leaking making the water level below acceptable depth.
Next they’ll be ordering Perrier or Evian. Spoiled! 🐦
Karen Hart

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 6, 2018, at 4:57 PM, Charles Anderson <cmanderson...> wrote:
>
> Ruth and I did a cold weather walk through the park today. Saw two Bald Eagles circling the front lake and other areas of the park, a small flock of Wood Ducks flying fast, a Coopers Hawk, two Red Tailed Hawks, one Red Shouldered Hawk, Eastern Towhees, and a huge kettle (hundreds) of what we are sure were White Pelicans high, high overhead.
>
> Chuck Anderson
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!