Date: 1/6/18 1:44 pm
From: Jeff Bleam <jcbleam...>
Subject: Re: LAS Field Trip: Diamond Creek Pond, So. Reno
sorry hit the enter key

2 WILSON SNIPE seen flying into cover, BELTED KINGFISHER along the marsh
area, 2 LINCOLN'S SPARROWS, many AMERICAN GOLDFINCH and only 2 LESSER
GOLDFINCH and a calling PINE SISKIN. At the end of the walk and as I was
pulling out of the area I saw a NORTHERN HARRIER making for a total of 41
species. Thanks for everyone that joined me on the walk.

photostream: https://www.flickr.com/photos/byjcb/
DCP album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7d22KR

ebird cklist: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41657160

Jeff Bleam
Mt Rose Foothills, NV
byjcbphoto.com

On Sat, Jan 6, 2018 at 1:36 PM, Jeff Bleam <jcbleam...> wrote:

> The Diamond Creek Pond seems to be a little unknown birding hotspot and it
> didn't disappoint on Friday's outing. There were 15 birders out to walk
> around the pond and a visit to the marsh on the east end. The first bird
> was a flyover of a SNOW GOOSE and a RED-TAIL HAWK perched on one of
> apartment buildings. If you have visited the area before the summer you
> will be surprise at the changes. The are 250 apartments on the west end
> closing in the pond similar to Virginia Lake, however, the number of
> species was great although the number of individuals were low. Notable
> birds were a female COMMON GOLDENEYE, HOODED and COMMON MERGANERS, 2
> immature BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT HERON, 4 VIRGINIA RAIL calling, 2
>
> Jeff Bleam
> Mt Rose Foothills, NV
> byjcbphoto.com

Join us on Facebook!