Date: 1/6/18 11:23 am
Subject: Coinjock, NC birds
We're frozen in here in Coinjock, but Skip walked around today and
yesterday with some nice sightings on our property. One woodcock, and two
snipe. The snipe flew up from a ditch that separates our property with an
agricultural field. The woodcock was flushed from a wet, woody area.

We have the usual winter birds, with the exception of purple finch, which
has not appeared as of yet. Also, only one or two goldfinches so far. They
usually come in greater numbers in Feb/March.

A hermit thrush was spotted today in the woods.We're hoping one will find
the bird feeding area. Often, we can tempt them with golden raisens. One
year, we trained one to come to the raisens when we whistled.

Linda Ward
Skip Hancock
Coinjock, NC

Join us on Facebook!