Date: 1/6/18 4:48 am
From: <bettinae869...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [OrangeCountyBirding] Christmas Count Totals
Thanks Joel for your kindness and support. And, thanks to all who have contacted me in private.

Please, let me apologize for revealing my personal struggles in such a public forum. That was never my intention, nor desire.

My father was first rushed to the ER the night before the Inland Count. And, after several days, was released to a nursing home to gain strength before coming home.

When I went to visit on Wednesday, I discovered him in an emergency situation and insisted 911 be called.

Thankfully, I discovered him in time. And, with proper treatment, he was able to bounce back to a much better place, talking, eating and almost his old self again.

So again, please let me apologize for posting about my situation. I had hoped to make the transition to Coastal Compiler a smooth and seem less one. And, had every intention of following through with my responsibilities as Area Leader and Coastal compiler without the need to alert anyone about all the other things I was tending to as well.

But, despite posting twice about the Coastal CBC species count and lack of "rare surprises", the text messages, emails and posts did not stop. So, I wanted to let everyone know I was not in a position to respond further.

Also, I truly felt there really wasn't more information to give. And, felt the information about rare birds in the county could already be gleaned from this forum.

So, thanks again to all the volunteers who go out and count all the Yellow-rumped Warblers in hopes of finding their own rare birds! We do truly appreciate it. And, thanks to all the Area Leaders who work so hard to send all those volunteers out into the field!

For all of you clambering to hear what was found on the counts, I would again like to invite you to come out and join us for the next Christmas Counts! You never know what You might find! And, as always, you're welcome to join us at the compilation dinner afterwards. There you can be one of the first ones to hear about the species list. And, all the rare birds that were found that day.

It's a great deal of fun, and, we could really use Your expertise.

So, if you have any questions, between now and then about the CBC and how it works, please don't hesitate in contacting Doug, Darrell or myself.

Our contact information can be found here:
http://www.seaandsageaudubon.org/BirdInfo/BirdCounts/CBC/CBCbirdcounts.htm

But, don't worry, i have already consulted with Doug Lithgow and will notify Darrell Wilson about a way i have come up with for us to compile the initial incoming data in a more immediate fashion, which should make it easier to relay, next time.

Sincerely,
Bettina Eastman
Coastal Christmas Bird Count Compiler

------------------------------------
Posted by: <bettinae869...>
------------------------------------

Reports and bird identities are neither edited nor verified. Use at your own risk. Please consult the standard reference books for proper bird identification & currently accepted names. Please do NOT use abbreviations or acronyms in lieu of names. Both scientific and/or common names of birds are acceptable.

All posts must be on-topic: about birds/birding in Orange County, California (nowhere else!). Your posts must include both a clear subject line *and* your name *and your city of residence*. Off-topic posts will be deleted and the sender put on moderated status. Repeat offenders will be banned.

To search for a bird discussed in past messages, browse or search the archives at:

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)