In 2018, we mark the centennial of the Migratory Bird Treaty Act, the most
powerful and important bird-protection law ever passed. In honor of this
milestone, nature lovers around the world are joining forces to celebrate
the “Year of the Bird” and commit to protecting birds today and for the
next hundred years. In our region, Audubon Rockies is celebrating by
challenging the birders across Colorado & Wyoming to do what they do best,
Audubon Rockies will be offering two prizes to the top eBird users in both
Colorado & Wyoming for the categories: “Species” and “Checklists.”
To learn more about bird conservation in our region, visit
1. Only birds/checklists entered through an eBird account will count
2. Participants must register with Audubon Rockies by June 15th, 2018.
Contact Zach Hutchinson at <zhutchinson...> with a name and email
address to register or visit the links above.
3. All birds/checklists must be entered into eBird by January 7th, 2019.
4. Rare birds must have documentation provided for local eBird
Reviewers. Audubon Rockies will consult with local reviewers on rare birds.
5. In the result of a tie, a coin flip will decide the category winner.
6. Top "Species" and top "Checklist" winners cannot be the same
individual. Second place "Checklist" participant will be selected in the
event of same individual finishing in top place for both categories.
7. Individuals can only claim one prize from either Colorado or Wyoming.
8. This challenge is not sponsored, endorsed, or in connection with
eBird's monthly/annual challenges.
9. Prizes & awards are subject to change.
10. Audubon Rockies has final decision on all Audubon Rockies Birding
Challenge disputes, clarifications, rules, and awards.
Please respond to me at <zhutchinson...> for more information. Do
not contact me on this account (it's my personal account).