Date: 1/5/18 4:54 pm
From: Bob Reiling <rreiling2...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Some south county notables
All,

At two minutes after 8 this morning the male PHAINOPEPLA flew from the
northwest into the top of a tree near the Vargas Dr entrance to
Guadalupe Oak Grove Park where it briefly called. I then tried for but
failed to find the Rock Wren at the Coyote Valley OSP parking at the
end of Palm Drive in Morgan Hill. Thanks to Janna Pauser I later had
at least two LEWIS'S WOODPECKERS, one chasing the other, working the
trees on both sides of Oak Glen Ave on the north side of Chesbro
Reservoir about 0.7 miles East of its junction with McKean/Uvas Rd and
Old Oak Glen Ave. I parked in a restricted parking on the south side
of the road (as I was nearby) but an unrestricted parking area was a
couple hundred yards further, also on the South side of the road. I
then went to Almaden Lake Park where Peter La Tourrette and Kirsten
Holmquist put me onto the male RED-NAPED SAPSUCKER (I had missed it
earlier). A quick check for the Snow Goose, not there, and a look
thru a large flock of Gulls (no goodies) resulted in my getting a
parking ticket (be sure to check for somewhat hidden no parking signs
on the park side of the road restricting the use of really good
parking spaces). I then went to the first Los Capitancillos pond
northeast of Meridian Ave where I had the juvenile SNOW GOOSE feeding
on the near side of the of the pond at 12 PM.

Take care,

Bob Reiling

[IMAGE]

Visit Your Group

* New Members 3

Yahoo! Groups • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use

Join us on Facebook!