Date: 1/5/18 2:30 pm
From: Becky Reyes <breyes...>
Subject: [texbirds] Long-eared owl - Edinburg World Birding Center
Hi everyone!
Thursday afternoon, 12/4/18, we were notified by a couple of
birders/photographers that they had photographed a Long-eared owl. This owl
was at first flying around after being spotted by a member family. After
being shown the owl and with much discussion, we got confirmation from an
expert that it was indeed a Long-eared owl. The EWBC staff spent many hours
from morning until this afternoon on the search, however, it has not been
seen. I have attached a photo of the owl. We will keep on looking and keep
you posted.
Happy Birding!

*Becky Reyes*

Naturalist Educator

Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center

[image: Image result for city of edinburg]

PO Box 1079

714 Raul Longoria Rd

Edinburg, Texas 78540

956.381.9922 <(956)%20381-9922> O 956.381-0175 <(956)%20381-0175> F

*<breyes...> <alyles...>*

www.cityofedinburg.com

www.EdinburgWBC.org <http://www.edinburgwbc.org/>

http://www.freelists.org/list/texbirds