Date: 1/5/18 10:53 am
From: Brian Johnson <buntingrobinjay...>
Subject: [cobirds] Coors Ponds, Jefferson Couny, watch out
Today I went to look for the Red necked Grebe that has been hanging around
in the Coors Pond, which was present. I parked of the road along McIntyre
street and was scanning the pond with my scope when a white SUV with with a
bubble light and the words "CoorsMIlls Security' on the side. Two older
gentlemen got out to harass me about the fact I can't take photos of the
area because it's privet and they had a call from a 'concerned citizen'. I
was not taking photos because the light was wrong, which I pointed out and
he shrugged off. I then left them standing alone on the side of the road as
I drove off. This was at 9:22 according to my ebird time stamp. Just wanted
to let everyone to know that security is out harassing birders there.

Brian Johnson
Englewood CO