Date: 1/5/18 9:58 am
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Iceland Gull at Jeff. Davis landfill
LABIRD: On Wednesday, Dan Lane spotted a first-cycle Iceland Gull over the trash at the Jeff. Davis landfill. A long ways off, but we were able to scrape out a few diagnostic photos:

Also present were 2 first-cycle Lesser Black-backeds. Dan also saw a Franklin’s

We did not see the Harris’s Hawk for the first 1.5 hours — it had not been reported for weeks so we weren’t really expecting it — but just before we left, it flew in from east, perched briefly in the short pines, then assumed its normal position on one of the vent pipes on the slope, and then perched on dirt on the landfill itself … and then flew off again

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

Join us on Facebook!