Date: 1/5/18 9:03 am
From: 'Kara Carragher' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Varied Thrush and Red-breasted Sapsucker - El Paso County
Greetings COBirders,
A small group of us observed the Varied Thrush today in its usual location along the road to Seven Falls. It was spotted by Glenn Walbek along the creek (thanks Glenn!). I am not sure I have ever seen a bird drink that much water! He obviously knows the importance of hydration at this elevation! We observed the bird shortly after 8:00 am until about 8:30 am.
The Red-breasted Sapsucker was also in its usual location on Mirada Road in the Broadmoor area.
Good birding,
Kara CarragherColorado Springs, CO