Date: 1/4/18 3:59 pm
From: James Holmes <jfholmes...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] East Central Alabama Jan 3 and 4
I birded Randolph County (all day Jan 3) and Chambers/Troup (Ga) Counties (morning Jan 4).

The only highlight from Randolph County was the first record in eBird for Northern Pintail. Otherwise, it was cold, windy and mostly miserable. I spent a lot of time looking for ducks, loons, grebes and gulls along the Tallapoosa River including the RL Harris Dam but no luck beyond a few Horned Grebes. Some of the checklists from there below...

Today in Chambers County, my father and I had 1 Greater Scaup, 1 Winter Wren and 2 Pine Siskins (seems like a bad year for them in Alabama) at Southern Harbor: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41614303
Common Goldeneyes continue in West Point http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41613077
Otherwise, it was difficult birding (cold and windy) along the Chambers County side of West Point lake with very few waterbirds/landbirds.

Thanks,

Jim Holmes
Currently in Auburn

Join us on Facebook!