Date: 1/4/18 1:40 pm
From: <david_assmann...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Rock Wren, Glaucous Gull etc.
Started the morning at Lake Merced with an unsuccessful search for the Eastern Phoebe (looked at the Waste Water Treatment plant too, without success). Followed that up with an unsuccessful search for the blackbird flock in the Sunset. Luck turned at the Cliff House, when I walked towards the Camera Obscura from the south - a ROCK WREN flew up and landed six feet in front of me on the ledge - https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/27728684749/in/dateposted-public/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/27728684749/in/dateposted-public/ . I then looked at hundreds of gulls (both on the rocks and in the air) and ultimately found the GLAUCOUS GULL reported yesterday. There was a single RING-NECKED DUCK in Sutro Baths, and a LINCOLN'S SPARROW was on the hillside. Lloyd Lake had two AMERICAN WIGEON, which has been scarce in Golden Gate Park this year.

Join us on Facebook!