Date: 1/4/18 12:56 pm
From: Judith Pollock <jpbobolink...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Broadening the base of birders (no sightings)
Is your birding group thinking about how to have broader appeal and membership? This Saturday morning workshop is for you. Make some new connections, pick up some tips and hear some thought-provoking ideas.

Broadening the Base: Community Outreach and Engagement for Birding and Stewardship Groups

Cook County is made up of many diverse communities. How can we make our activities inviting to more people and groups? How can we make better connections to the communities we operate in? In this free workshop, local experts will share their knowledge about networking in your community, use of technology/social media, publicizing events to communities, and attracting diverse audiences.

Speakers will include Nina Baki, Forest Preserves of Cook County; Adriana Fernandez, US Fish and Wildlife Service; Brandon Hayes, Openlands; and Mila Kellen Marshall, University of Illinois - Chicago. Brief presentations will be followed by group discussion, networking and refreshments.
Sat, January 27 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM

Thatcher Woods Pavilion, 8030 Chicago Avenue, River Forest

Attendance is limited to 40. Reserve your place here: https://outreachworkshop.eventbrite.com <https://outreachworkshop.eventbrite.com/>

This workshop, part of the #birdthepreserves program, is presented by the Forest Preserves of Cook County and is supported through the Forest Preserve Foundation and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Judy Pollock
Evanston, Cook
<jpbobolink...>

Join us on Facebook!