Date: 1/4/18 12:59 pm
From: L Markoff <canyoneagle...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Welcoming Message of ABA
I agree about Iiwi vocals. This is a note I sent a friend regarding my experience with them in January, 2011...

‘I’iwi (E): You will have to take my word on this one, since the bird flew and the photo doesn’t show its Jimmy Durante-snozzola beak, the unmistakable fieldmark for the bird. Saw quite a few in Haleakala NP, heard them on both islands (Maui and Hawaii). It had great vocals, is a sometime mimic, what a fantastic bird!

cid:<image003.jpg...>

Lori Markoff

Eugene (South Hills)