Date: 1/4/18 12:27 pm
From: Jerry Davis <jwdavis...>
Subject: Birds Beyond Our Borders
Birds Beyond Our Borders

We have birds beyond our borders with migrants visiting us during the breeding season and they winter in Central and South America. Several thousand resident species live South of our border and the only way to see these is to travel there. Dr. Ragupathy Kannan, Professor of Biology for the University of Fort Smith has been a champion of exposing birders to birds beyond our borders by leading trips to Costa Rica, Ecuador, Panama, Belize, and Trinidad and Tobago, and India to mention a few. He uses these travels to provide funds for the Arkansas Trust which provides scholarships funding for bird research.

My effort to expose birders to birds beyond our borders and support ecotourism are more modest. This has included successful trips to Costa Rica in 2016, 2017, and another is planned for April 15 – 25, 2018. The trip is limited to 10 people and I have had two cancellations due to participant health issues. There are now two vacancies. These cancellations provide you with an opportunity to go. April is the best month to bird in Costa Rica which has both resident and migrant birds at that time. This trip will have one of the best native Costa Rica guides. My 20017 April trip saw 290 species of birds. Current participants for 2018 are from Oklahoma, Arkansas and Tennessee. If you have an interest in going contact me and I will send you the trip details. Your decision timing is critically short with only two slots left.

Jerry Wayne Davis

Certified Wildlife Biologist

Hot Springs, AR 71901

<jwdavis...>