Date: 1/4/18 11:26 am
From: Nancy Asquith <nancyasquith...> [south-bay-birds] <south-bay-birds-noreply...>
Subject: [SBB] Ogier access, Muriel Wright (Santa Teresa) update, and possible Yellow-Shafted NORTHERN FLICKER at SCVWD

:-)  Ogier:  Bill is, of course, correct. The good news, found on the Model Airplane club website and verified, is that the Parks Dept. has finally committed to start work on restoring the access road some time this year.
:- (  Muriel Wright: At present, although there is an old sign indicating that access is restricted, the gate is not being maintained. However, in  late November or December, when I went past the gate, a deputy warned me that the site is being converted to house adult criminals.
Yellow-shafted Northern flicker:  Yellow-shafted or a second intergrade?  See first of the flicker photos at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41476292
Happy New Year and good birding to all!
Nancy Sunnyvale

Join us on Facebook!