Date: 1/4/18 11:12 am
From: Richard Gregg <greggra...>
Subject: Marmet Locks: GWFG, NOHA
F.O.Y. Unusual.
Marmet Locks, Belle side, Belle, WV.
09:40, Thurs., 01-04-2018

Greater White-fronted Goose (1). It was feeding with a flock of Canada Geese next to the Main Lot. I was able to get some poor but identifiable, photos. Life Bird! Yesterday there were three Cackling Geese at the exact same location. They were also life birds. Great couple of days for a birder.

Northern Harrier (1F). I first saw it at the Fisherman’s Lot when it flew past me, about 20-ft away, and landed in the high weeds out of sight. The white rump was obvious. The under-surfaces were a warm brown. About 15-20 minutes later, I was trying to spot it again-to see what it was doing on the ground-but spooked it. I saw it one more time from a distance an hour or so later.

Will post to eBird as time allows.

Rick Gregg
Kanawha Co., WV

Join us on Facebook!