Date: 1/4/18 11:00 am
From: Roy Lowe <roy.loweiii...>
Subject: [obol] R-ough(uff) day on the Coast
How funny. I was in Lincoln City yesterday for a dentist appointment. On
my return I stopped at Depoe Bay when I receive a call from Wayne Hoffman
telling me the ruff was at the south end of Eckman Lake or about 300m from
my house! Ok, that's the bird connection to OBOL...

I was at Depoe Bay at the time of the king tide with a large swell coming
ashore that was spectacular and mesmerizing even for an old salt. Having
seen many ruff, I opted to stay with the surf conditions where I remained
for 3.5 hours.

if you're interested is seeing some of what I saw I posted some photos and
a few vides here
https://www.flickr.com/photos/24707703@N06/sets/72157690258191811

Another great day on the Oregon coast.

Roy