Date: 1/4/18 10:49 am
From: Jeff Bray <jbray4913...> [OrangeCountyBirding] <OrangeCountyBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] CBC Rarities Tour - January 6, 2018
The annual CBC Rarities Tour will take place this coming Saturday, January
6th. We will meet at Huntington Central Park in the library parking lot.
Link to that location here
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2%B042'07.9%22N+118%C2%B000'12.0%22W/@33.7021944,-118.0047001,476m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d33.7021832!4d-118.003334>.
If you attend, please bring your Orange County Parks card if you have
one. Before
leaving HCP, we will arrange participants in carpools, trying to get at
least one parks card per vehicle.

We will start off by working our way around HCP looking for Swamp Sparrow,
Wilson's Snipe, Sora, Palm Warbler, Northern Waterthrush, Black-and-white
Warbler and Clay-colored Sparrow.

After we finish up there, we'll move over to the east side of HCP and look
for the Chestnut-sided Warbler that's been seen on the west side of Lake
Huntington. Parking will be along Inlet Dr
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2%B041'57.1%22N+118%C2%B000'48.5%22W/@33.6991944,-118.0153701,661m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d33.6991866!4d-118.013482>
..

Next stop will be Mile Square Regional Park. If you have a parks pass, we
plan to meet at the first lot past the entrance kiosk from the entrance off
Edinger.
<https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2%B043'48.0%22N+117%C2%B056'37.0%22W/@33.729996,-117.9445842,522m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x0:0x0!7e2!8m2!3d33.7299944!4d-117.9436157>
If you don't want to pay to enter the park, you can park along Edinger on
either side of the Ward St entrance to the park and walk in. While at MSRP,
our focus will be on finding Pine Warbler, Ovenbird, Gray Flycatcher,
Hammond's Flycatcher, Plumbeous Vireo, Cassin’s Vireo, White-throated
Sparrow, Cackling Goose and any other interesting birds that might be
around.

After Mile Square, we'll head over to Bolsa Chica Wetlands and try to track
down some of the rarities there: American Bittern, Yellow-crowned
Night-Heron, Loggerhead Shrike and Tricolored Heron.

If anyone is going to be late or needs to get in touch with the leaders to
find out where we are, please contact myself or Bruce Aird. Info below:

Bruce Aird
E-mail: <bruceaird...>
Cell: (949) 892-8699‬

Jeff Bray