Date: 1/4/18 10:17 am
From: Lars Per Norgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Tagged Red-tail in Coquille
Red-tailed Hawk with plastic patagial markers a short distance
from downtown Coquille. It was flying away from me at about
eye level so I saw neither the color nor code. There's a strong
likelihood it is one of the birds captured and removed from
Portland International Airport. I saw the bird from the causeway
that bears Hwy 42S. It was 1/2 mile downstream from the
bridge to town, where a good gravel road takes off north to
a valve system on the dikes. It would be really cool if someone
finds the hawk and gets its code. This would be one of the
more distant resightings, and one of extremely few from west
of the Coast Range. Happy New Year, Lars
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!