Date: 1/4/18 10:14 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Welcoming Message of ABA
I found the message from the ABA President, Jeff Gordon apropos of a recent
thread:

"Birders know well that the healthiest, most dynamic choruses contain many
different voices. The birding community encompasses a wide variety of
interests, talents, and convictions. All are welcome. If you like birding,
we want to hear from you."

Having had several days of freezing fog in Bend, I find the thought of
morning choruses particularly delightful, as is the thought of chasing the
ABA bird of the year:
http://blog.aba.org/2018/01/introducing-the-2018-bird-of-the-year.html .

In other news, it appears that the Emperor Goose isn't around anymore. The
last time it was seen was early morning on New Year's Day.

Tom Crabtree, Bend

Join us on Facebook!