Date: 1/4/18 8:10 am
From: Paul Roisen <roisenp1950...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Muscatine County Jan 1
Sorry for the late post. Sent it to the wrong email address.

Though I did not use common sense about birding today it was a fun 4 hours.
Covered the area mostly to the SW of Muscatine with a swing through
Glenwood cemetery. -19 when I left -23 when I arrived on Burlington Rd
for to try for Screech Owls .

Hoped for Eastern Screech and Common Redpoll as new county birds with
outside chance of Red Crossbill.

30 species was a surprise considering the temperature. 18 species at some
feeders near Penny Lane was a great help.

Turns out that I picked up 6 county ticks which was surprise.
E Screech Owl 1
Common Redpoll 2
Pine Siskin 2
Shocking first county birds (because I thought I already had them on my
list).
American Tree Sparrow 18
Dark-eyed Junco 35
Rough-legged 1

Red Crossbill seemed to have vacated Iowa. *ZERO* though I did work
to nice looking cemeteries in the county.

As to wear shorts--I did have good sense about that and had jeans on.
Felt kind of strange :-)
*Paul O. Roisen*
*Woodbury County, IA*
*Mobile 712-301-2817*