Date: 1/4/18 7:36 am
From: Herb and Sarah Myers <hesemyers...>
Subject: Shrike
I tried to find the Northern Shrike in Canaan Valley seen on the Christmas
Bird Count yesterday. I made two trips along Timberline Road. The only bird
I saw was a male Hooded Merganser looking very cold in an open patch of
water in the Blackwater River. I did see Joe Hildreth's photo of the
shrike. I will try again this afternoon on my way home from the refuge
visitor center.

Meanwhile l'm enjoying watching an American Tree Sparrow on the ground
under the refuge feeders that my wife spotted yesterday when she was here.
It is 9 degrees up here and blowing and snowing. Keep warm. Herb Myers,
Harman, Randolph County from Tucker County

Join us on Facebook!