Date: 1/4/18 7:25 am
From: Kevin Ash <ashkevinm...>
Subject: [cobirds] Rosy Finches, Teller County, Victor
I came across a nice flock of about 100-120 Rosy Finches south of Victor
this afternoon. There were at least 30 Black's that were easily
distinguished from the others. I could id about 10 Brown-capped and 10
Gray-crowned, and the others were moving about too much to see them clearly
enough to get an id.

I found them on CR 861, south of Victor. Someone appeared to have seed set
out on top of a 55-gallon drum in their yard, and the birds kept flocking
to that along with a few chickadees when the finches would disperse.

Before checking out Victor, I took my dogs for a hike up to Pancake Rocks
and came across what I thought to be an unusual density of American
Three-toed Woodpeckers. I recorded 6, but that was a conservative count.
They were all in the section of trail right after the Pancake Rocks trail
diverges from Horsethief Falls trail - maybe the first 2/3 mile of that
section. This is a cold, north facing slope that doesn't get sun during
the winter.

Kevin Ash
Colorado Springs