Date: 1/4/18 6:46 am
Subject: Hummingbird in Myrtle Beach
Up until New Year's Day, I had several plants blooming, including pineapple
sage, providing nectar and even some insects for hummingbirds. The freeze and
storm have killed off everything outside and I've brought things like my
geraniums inside. I hadn't seen a hummingbird for several weeks, but I left
two feeders out just in case. Yesterday morning, I saw a RTH checking out one
frozen feeder, so I quickly replaced both feeders and saw the bird come back
several times to feed during the day. When I got up this morning, it was again
checking out the now frozen feeders, so I replaced them again and it has been
back several times. It is now above freezing so it should be good for today. I
am just south of the airport in Myrtle Beach and I've seen RTHs over the
winter every winter I've been here (since 2012).

Kathy Tinius
Myrtle Beach, SC

Join us on Facebook!