Date: 1/4/18 6:36 am
From: Kleb Woods (Commissioner Pct. 3) <KlebWoods...>
Subject: [texbirds] Seats available for Williamson Co trip tomorrow
There are about 10 seats available for the Kleb Woods birding bus trip to Williamson County tomorrow, January 5. If you are at least 50 years old and are interested in joining us, please email <klebwoods...><mailto:<klebwoods...> or call 281-357-5324 by 5 PM today. Here are the details:
The bus will leave the Kleb Woods parking lot (20303 Draper Rd, Tomball, TX 77377) at 7:00 AM, so please arrive before then with enough time to use the restroom and get settled on the bus. It is recommended that you arrive no later than 6:30 AM. This is our annual trip to Williamson County to look for longspurs, Mountain Plover, and Short-eared Owl (apparently there aren't any Burrowing Owl around this winter). This trip is a little unusual in that we spend most of our time birding from the bus looking for small brown birds in big brown fields! It is a great opportunity to see birds that are often difficult to find on your own. Lunch will be at Sirloin Stockade, a buffet-style restaurant. The cost of a buffet plus a drink for seniors is about $10 per person. The bus will return to the Kleb Woods parking lot at 7:00 PM. In addition to money for lunch, don't forget to bring comfortable clothing, hats, sunscreen, bug spray, binoculars, cameras, scopes, and your favorite field guide.

Thanks,

Kendra Kocab, Naturalist
Kleb Woods Nature Center
Tomball, TX