Date: 1/3/18 7:59 pm
From: Scott Olmstead <sparverius81...>
Subject: Re: [AZNMbirds] Eurasian Wigeons at Avra Valley WTP
A phantom comma got mixed into my eBird link! This URL should work: https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41601990

________________________________
From: Scott Olmstead <sparverius81...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:30:40 PM
To: AZ-NM List
Subject: RE: Eurasian Wigeons at Avra Valley WTP

Hi birders,

I was already planning to go out to Avra Valley today to look for the Eurasian Wigeon(s), but thanks to Laurens Halsey's message from last night, I was alert to the need to look very carefully at the wigeons. My feeling is one is indeed a hybrid American x Eurasian Wigeon. I managed some photos of both birds; they are visible here: https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41601990, along with some notes about the salient features that suggest hybridization.

Good birding,

Scott