Date: 1/3/18 7:45 pm
From: Uwviper <uwviper...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: WINTER WRENS - Cluff Pond 3, Graham County
A bit of birding at Cluff Pond #3 turned up a couple good birds this morning for Diane, Craig and I. We had an adult Bald Eagle perched and fishing in the pond (another birder said it had been there for a couple of weeks). Then later we found two WINTER WRENs along the inlet stream. The first was in the vicinity of where the nature trail first comes near the inlet stream. It was to the west of the stream in some vines (wild grape?). This is the area where the Rose-throated Becard was observed two years ago. This area had a Winter Wren back in the winters of 2014 and 2015. The second WINTER WREN was observed farther south along the nature trail and stream, about 30 meters downstream from the inlet pipe. It was at the base of large mesquite on the north side of the stream. Both birds were first found by there calls. Full checklist with recordings is in eBird.

Good Birding,
Jeff Coker

Safford & Vail, AZ