Date: 1/3/18 7:31 pm
From: Scott Olmstead <sparverius81...>
Subject: RE: [AZNMbirds] Eurasian Wigeons at Avra Valley WTP
Hi birders,

I was already planning to go out to Avra Valley today to look for the Eurasian Wigeon(s), but thanks to Laurens Halsey's message from last night, I was alert to the need to look very carefully at the wigeons. My feeling is one is indeed a hybrid American x Eurasian Wigeon. I managed some photos of both birds; they are visible here: https://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41601990, along with some notes about the salient features that suggest hybridization.

Good birding,

Scott