Date: 1/3/18 5:13 pm
From: Mark Stephenson <markstephenson4106...> [northbaybirds] <northbaybirds-noreply...>
Subject: [NBB] Bodega Bay 1-3-18 Sonoma County
Today at the north shore of bodega bay there were 3 REDHEADS 1 male and 2 females in a flock of Scaup just before the horse trailer parking lot. In that flock of Scaup it included Lesser Scaup, Greater Scaup,Horned Grebe and Eared Grebe. We continued onto the Bodega  Head to look for alcids. We found a Rhinoceros Auklet and took photos of it close in the water. We then spotted 3 Marbled Murrelets and 2 ancient murrelets. We could NOT  find the continuing Rock sandpiper at the head. Our last highlight was seeing 8 RUDDY Turnstones at the tides wharf they were foraging under the building in little pools of water.

Happy Birding Mark&Lucas Stephenson

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

Join us on Facebook!