Date: 1/3/18 3:33 pm
From: Bob Reed <bobreed1987...> [albirds] <albirds-noreply...>
Subject: [ALBIRDS] Surprise "yard" bird ("Yard" used loosely)
Good afternoon all,

I went out to the far end of our property late this afternoon. I've been
building a huge brush pile under the powerline, and I was pishing for the
resident Song Sparrow and Winter Wren, when they were joined by an *Indigo
Bunting*. Nice cinnamon color with very faint streaking on the breast, and
enough blue on the sides of the tail to make the ID fairly straightforward.

Having already seen the Carolina Wrens at home, I went to three other
places where House Wrens are reasonably predictable, hoping for another
three wren day, but no luck. Had one back in middle December.

Bob Reed
COL US Army, Retired

334-207-0985 Mobile

Join us on Facebook!