Date: 1/3/18 2:39 pm
From: Karen Garrett <kjgarrett84...>
Subject: Snowy Owl activity picking back up
I suspect that some of you, like me, are following the somewhat local Snowy
Owl reports. Leading up to Christmas, there were several reports from both
Missouri and Oklahoma on most days. (For some reason, I didn't think to
start checking Kansas until a couple weeks ago.) After Christmas, the
sightings seemed to dry up in all 3 states. Finally, on Monday, several
were reported in Kansas, and again on Tuesday, with one also reported near
OKC. Strange that they can be all around Arkansas without actually being
sighted IN Arkansas. Maybe the Ozarks have something to do with that?
Anyway, a couple of the ones in Kansas are within a 3 hour drive of
Northwest Arkansas, making me think I need to take a trip to Kansas very
soon.

Karen Garrett
Rogers

Join us on Facebook!