Date: 1/3/18 12:42 pm
Subject: Re: bird mortality from TS Grayson
All,

I love this discussion, because I'm one who thoroughly enjoys feeding our
feathered friends. I provide an assortment of foods, and a heated water
source.
My foods are energy driven with multiple suets (hot and regular), peanuts,
and peanut butter that is stuffed carefully inside a log feeder. I also
provide black
oil sunflower, and sunflower hearts. Backyard birding, along with feeding
has been a passion of mine for years, and it's during these truly winter
days, that
I probably pay even closer attention to the feeders. Please don't forget
those ground birds either, by offering them a seed or two. Especially if
the ground is covered
with that white stuff.
If we do get any snow in the triangle area, I'll be watching the feeders
closely, and maybe get my weather-related Fox Sparrow, or maybe even a
Purple Finch or Pine Siskin.
I participated for a couple of hours for Brian B. during the Falls Lake CC,
but nothing new has come in yet. Of course like Susan says, it's snowing
aloft, but not reaching the ground
yet where she is. It's going to be hard for the snow to reach the ground
with the dew point at -1 here in Raleigh!

Be safe everyone, and say a brief prayer for me later tonight if it does
snow, cause I'm heading for the Flexible Flyer!!!!

Brian Pendergraft
hoping for snow in Falls Lake, NC

--
Thanks!