Date: 1/3/18 9:54 am
From: Corey, Ed <ed.corey...>
Subject: RE: [External] Huge waterfowl flock at Lake Crabtree, NC
Similarly, Beaverdam Reservoir (Wake Co) had good numbers of waterfowl this morning on the Falls Lake CBC:

500+ Hooded Merganser
150+ Mallard
95 Am Black Duck
33 Gadwall
23 Green-winged Teal
7 Lesser Scaup
1 Greater Scaup
1 Redhead (female)

Plus hundreds of cormorants, 40 Pied-billed Grebe, and a single Horned Grebe.

The holes in the ice were scattered around, with the largest just up from the Beaverdam spillway.

Good birding!

Ed Corey
Inventory Biologist, NC Division of Parks and Recreation
NC Dept. of Natural and Cultural Resources
919 841 4037 Office
919 208 7864 Mobile
<Ed.Corey...><mailto:<Ed.Corey...>

12700 Bayleaf Church Road | Raleigh, North Carolina 27614

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.