Date: 1/3/18 9:28 am
From: Richard Gregg <greggra...>
Subject: F.O.Y. Cackling Goose
F.O.Y.
11:30, Weds., 01-03-2018.
Marmet Locks, Belle side, Belle, WV.
Cackling Goose (3)
They were in the Main Lot area with 30 CANG but flew off towards river. We had to leave so did not see which way they went. (Our car battery died and after getting a jump start I was afraid the motor would die. Not much traffic on the back side of the Marmet Locks property;>) The Kanawha River below the locks is clear of ice. There were over 160 Canada Geese in the area, (Main Lot, grassy area along Lock Wall and the river), along with some Mallards and a pair of Common Mergansers.
Photos will be posted on eBird when time allows.

F.O.Y.
08:00, Weds., 01-03-2018.
Riverview, Belle, WV
Bald Eagle 1-immature. Mottled undersurfaces. Circle once and headed downstream, (NW).
I don’t know what it saw but the Kanawha River in Belle was 100% frozen over in Belle. There are good views of the ice from the Belle Town Dock.

Rick Gregg
Kanawha Co., WV

Join us on Facebook!