Date: 1/3/18 7:17 am
From: Janice Nordenberg <jnordenb...> [SanDiegoRegionBirding] <SanDiegoRegionBirding-noreply...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Harris's Hawk and Property Owners
Yesterday when I was looking for the Harris's Hawk along El Paso I met one
of the major property owners along Montecito Way who pulled up in his
truck. He was very friendly and interested in what I was looking for. He
old me that he had approached and asked someone what they were looking at
and that person was extremely rude, swore at him and said he had every
right to be there. Some of us can guess who this probably was.

I joined another birder, Carl, along the road at the property with the tall
euc along Montecito just north of El Paso where the hawk was being seen.
This property owner called the police to report us being there. After
talking to the property owner he stopped to talk with Carl and me. The
officer was pleasant and said he protected our right to be on the public
road looking at the hawk. Apparently the property owner is concerned about
the welfare of the hawk.

As we all know, it only takes one person encroaching on private property or
otherwise angering an owner to spoil the viewing for all of us.

--
Jan Nordenberg
San Diego

Join us on Facebook!