Date: 1/3/18 5:11 am
From: STEVEN B FELDSTEIN <sbf1...>
Subject: [texbirds] Searching for Clay-colored Thrush near McAllen
Hi Everyone,

I will be visiting the McAllen from Jan. 3-7 and hope to see Clay-colored Thrush, Aplomado Falcon (a side trip to Laguna Atascosa), as well as enjoy the great birding of the Rio Grande Valley. From eBird, I have the impression that the best locations during the past month for Clay-colored Thrush are Quinta Mazatlan WBC, Estero Llano Grande SP, National Butterfly Center, Bentsen Rio Grande Valley SP and Frontera Audubon Center. However, most eBird checklists do not provide additional information on where in the park Clay-colored Thrush was observed.

I would very much appreciate if someone could provide some additional information such as a particular trail, pond, nearby building etc. where Clay-colored Thrush was recently observed. I also read that Clay-colored Thrush is often found at feeders during winter. If it is known that a Clay-colored Thrush is being seen regularly at a particular feeder, that information would be most helpful too.

Thanks in advance.

Steven

--
Steven B. Feldstein