Date: 1/2/18 11:43 pm
Subject: December 23 Christmas Bird Count Wayne County NC
The Wayne County NC Christmas Bird Count was conducted on December 23, 2017. Thank you to each of the participants.

Our final tally was 83 species with 2496 birds. Perhaps the most interesting "bird" was a deceased (we assumed) drone in the tree with an old Osprey nest. High counts were (in this order) Ruddy Duck, Ring-necked Duck, European Starling, American Coot, Canada Goose, and Turkey Vulture.

If you wish to participate in upcoming counts in the NCWC CBC circle, please mark your calendars for the following dates and let me know of your intentions.

Saturday, May 19, 2018: Spring Migration Count

Saturday, September 15, 2018: Fall Migration Count

Sunday, December 16, 2018: Wayne County NC Christmas Bird Count

Mae Howell
Goldsboro, NC
919-580-8330

Join us on Facebook!